An honest and open attempt of relevantly relating the Bible to post-modern culture in a God honoring, Christ exalting, joy-inspiring way.

Monday, April 14, 2008

...something crazy...

So i'm sitting in a coffee shop...with jeremy...not at all a new setting.

In fact, this is such a common occurance that the owner called us citizens today. So maybe that's new, Jeremy and I are now full-fledged citizens of the "Republic of the Drowsy Poet." Although I don't think it's a republic at all...and I sure hope we don't have to pay taxes.

Funny thing, you can be in the most ordinary of settings and become a seemingly entire new person.

I think that might have happened to me.


I got offered a position in Alaska that would have paid a ton of money, and I just decided to turn it down on the grounds that it would have put me in a possibly compromising spiritual environment. I can remember last summer up there, I negated who I was...to my own shame. I didn't completely screw up, but I definitely put myself on a gradual decline towards that end.

Anyway, it took a couple good friends and my awesome mother to bring me down to earth and to realize that tens of thousands of dollars is not worth selling out.

I'm not fully convinced yet...still kind of wrestling with myself...but I know what I have to do...here I stand, I can do no other...

and while the setting is not going to change for quite awhile, I feel new.


-andrew

1 Comments:

Blogger morganleigh said...

umm lets see another blog post ... lol

and yall so owe me dinner. ;)

June 6, 2008 at 11:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home